I had a fabric dyeing day Monday. I put some pieces on the clothesline and poured the dye over them. I have the dyed toes and feet to prove it. I needed to replenish olive, aqua greens and blues. I used a recipe I made several years ago on natural muslin. This time I dyed on pfd white cotton. There’s a little bit of difference, but really, it’s a pretty good match. I had new brown I wanted to test…I love it.
I did a parfait, stacking fabrics on top of each other. The first layer didn’t get much dye transferred from the second layer.
The pink fabric turned out pretty awesome, I think. Here are two different parts of it. I am really liking the combination of the orangy-yellow and pink.